Monday, December 28, 2009

Swordfish with Orange and Olives



Sometimes, an accident can work out alright. With the above swordfish, I was attempting a recipe out of Andrew Carmellini's Urban Italian, but thanks to distraction and impatience in the kitchen, it didn't quite turn out like the recipe had called for. My improvised method did not turn out well enough to write about due to some bad shortcuts I took. With that said, the flavor profile was very interesting. Harissa, fresh orange juice, parsley, olives, marcona almonds (Carmellini calls for more pine nuts), anchovy, and lemon-- it's a combination I did not expect to go so well together, but each ingredient complemented the others nicely, giving the dish the right amount of acidity, sweetness, spice, and crunch. It's unique and well-thought ingredient combinations like this that make me appreciate the work that chefs do.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails